Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sammir Dattani's the friendly neighbourhood techie!

What is the connection between Kenneth Haywood and Sammir Dattani? No prizes for guessing as the answer is NONE! The only connection is the WiFi connection.Well ever since Sammir read about Kenneth's ordeal, where the ATS had questioned the American for over twenty one days if he had any links with terrorist outfits, Terrorists outfits had used Kenneth's personal computer sending across an email claiming responsibility of the Ahmedabad blast to a leading television channel five minutes before it actually took off) the actor's has begun putting his knowledge of computer technology to good use.Sammir said, "After having read about Kenneth's incident of threat emails being sent from unsecure wireless routers, I have secured not only mine but also my neighbours connections. Many neighbours in my building have the WiFI connection just like me but none had taken the required precautions.

I enabled them to install WPA encryption and told them not to broadcast their SSID. I also explained to them in lay man's language that not securing your network is like driving your car with the passenger seat doors being open. Gladly everyone showed keen interest in what I had to share with them and have now taken the required precaution." Sammir added smilingly, "I'm just happy that my interest in

understanding gadgets is being put to good use."

No comments: