Tuesday, October 14, 2008

You will see my glamour in my coming films, says Prity Bhutani




Some are born with acting skill others get it by their struggle. But, in both cases only those people succeed who work hard. Prity Bhutani is an actress who has made her mark through the road of struggle. Starting with Jani Dushman and Ladies Tailor she is now part of bigger films. Her upcoming films are Khalbali Hai Khalbali, Vikalp, and Ajay Devgan starter ‘Golmal hai -2’ and Ek Power of Money, Presented here are excerpts from her interview:
None of your family member in in films, then how come you choose this career?
You can never imagine joining films even in dreams in my family as it is a conservative Sardar family. I belong to Faridabad and got my education at Delhi. Father is in airforce, while mother is a teacher. Naturally no one discusses going into films. Even I did not think of joining films. I choose Commerce as my stream of education keeping in view of joining some good job. But fate had some other plans and I did turn up in films without any grooming or formal training in film acting. However, I did participate in college dramas and did many dramas with my group even after college days. Then I started getting modelling offers. This paved my journey to a full time career in films and came to Mumbai.My family too supported me as they saw my commitment and works.

How did you struggle in Mumbai?
I got two short films with Tanuja Chandra and working with him was no less then getting trained in some academy. I learned many things with him.Then I did some adfilms. I also learned Kathak dancing from Jayanti Mala, daughter of Sitara Devi.But I get the ral start when I was cast oppositeSharad Kapoor in Jani Dushman. People identified me from this film due to my enchanting ways and glamorous looks.

How was the journey later on?
I started getting film offers and concentrated on films. Then I got a chance to appear with Rajpal Yadav in Ladies Tailor. Cineviewers appreciated my role as Flora in the film for her innocence. Though the film did not succeed on box office I got a foothold in Bollywood. Since then I have never looked back. Then I did get many offers from South also. Two of my Tamil films,Idu Kadal Varun Paruvam directed by Kastoori Raja, and Mard Valav with Super Star Arjun, have been released. I also acted in two Kannad films also.

Then why were you ignored in Bollywood?
No, this is not a fact. Getting more films from South did not mean that I got away from Hindi Films. Recently I have worked in a children film, King No.One. I am also working in Hindi film Ek.. The Power of One produced by K.Sera and Sangeet Shravan. Ajay Devgan is in the lead role in this film. I am opposite Zakir in Ajay Chandok directed Khalbali Hai Khalbali. I am also doing an Item dance number in Vikalp. All these three films will be released this year and then everyone will see my glamour and acting skills.

You are a Punjabi kudi, so you must also have done some Punjabi films?
Unfortunately I have not got a chance to act in Punjabi films till now. I have not given a thought to it also. I have to work in Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Malyalam, and Kannad films and reach the peak of acting success.

People do like fatty girls in South,but you are slim. Did it affect your career?
South is getting a change in its tastes otherwise Aishwarya Rai would not have got entry in south. People appreciate glamour everywhere and I am at ease in this.
What is your opinion about exploitation in film industry?
It all depends on you. We do get all kinds of people in this field and there are lots of gossips going on. One has to tread cautiously in this mine field.

No comments: