Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Suzanne Bernett - First foreigner to feature in a TV serial

Suzanne Bernett from Germany has become the first foreigner to feature in a TV serial.In fact,her character has become quite popular in star plus "Kasauti Zindagi Ki".In an exclusive interview with Rajendra Ganotra and Vijay Shanker, Suzanne reveals her past,present and future at the launched of music album of film "Pranali" in which she plays the role of Judy with Raman Trikha as her co-star at Cinemax, Versova.

Q) How did you become an actress?
A) I wanted to become an actress from a very young age. I started learning all languages. I thought it would give me some base. A close friend pushed me to acting.I later learnt everything from my second husband, who was in the hospitality industry. I met a lot of people from Mumbai. Ajay Sinha offered me a role in Astiva Ek Prem Kahani. So I came to Industry.

Q) How was the first experience facing the camera?
A) I was really nervous as I had to shoot in a salwar Kameez,tikka,and heavy jewellery. I gave it my best shot. Alok Nath was very happy and complimented me. That gave me confidence.

Q) Are you popular in Germany?
A) No,I have done theatre and a kid's show in Berlin. I am popular among Indians in Germany but not with Germans.

Q) How is it to live in India?Like the food?
A) I love India.I like the food here,but don't like soda added in it. I don't have time to cook so we eat on the sets or outside.

Q) Which films are you doing now?
A) Pranali, this film is completed and many films are going to come.

Q) What are your future plans?
A) I am writing a script. It's a triangular love thriller.I hopefully will be able to direct it my fiance someday.

Q) How do you find India?
A) I fell in love with India the first time I came here.

Q) How can you manage to speak in Hindi?
A) I'm studying Hindi from three books at the moment-one is for grammer, the second for sentences, the third for vocabulary.I leave the TV on, and listen to the dialogues. If I hear a word I don't know, I look it up or call one of my friends.

Q) Your numerology number is ?
A) 8

Q) You believe in God?
A) Yes, I have full faith in God.

Q) Your email Id?
A) vijetaplays@yahoo.co.in and subernertfan@yahoo.com.

No comments: