Friday, October 17, 2008

Preity feels karmic connection with Punjab

Preity Zinta feels that she has some strange karmic connection with Punjab. "I must have been a Punjabi in one of my incarnations," she laughs. Interestingly, out of the three forthcoming releases, Heroes, Heaven

on Earth and Har Pal, the former two have Preity play a character of a Punjabi woman. "Heroes have me play a character of a bubbly and vibrant village girl from Punjab, while in Heaven on Earth I play a battered

Punjabi housewife living in Canada. Though both characters have me as a Punjabi women, they are as different as chalk and cheese." Preity says that speaking and acting like a Punjabi wasn't easy. "I didn't know how to go about enacting my character initially. Pum-Pum (as she lovingly calls Anupam Kher) helped me out. We conducted a three day workshop where I learnt to act and speak like a Punjabi woman," Priety says. Incidentally, all the three films begin with the letter H. Tell her about that and Preity laughs saying, "There's some strange karmic connection there too."

No comments: